PM Narendra Modi has launched the SEHAT scheme via video conferencing on 26th December 2020 for J&K to cover all J&K people.
Have you heard about the Central Government’s latest news that a SEHAT Health Scheme will launch in Jammu and Kashmir’s Union territory?
If you’re curious about knowing more about the SEHAT Scheme, please read the complete article because we will discuss detailed information about this Scheme
What is the SEHAT scheme?
The word SEHAT stands for Social Endeavor for Health and Telemedicine.
The SEHAT Scheme was first introduced by Minister for Communications and Information Technology and Minister of Law and Justice Sri Ravi Shankar Prasad in association with the Govt. of India and Apollo Hospitals.
The Central Government will launch the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) SEHAT Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir people’s welfare on 26th December.
The Government of India previously launched the Scheme to cover people with medical insurance called Aayushman Bharat, but this Scheme is only for Indian states.
Similarly, the SEHAT scheme will only available for people living in Union territories.
According to The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Shri Manoj Sinha, this scheme from the central Government provides the free health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs to the J&K residents.
SEHAT Scheme Benefits
SEHAT Scheme also has many benefits which we will discuss below.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana SEHAT Scheme is specifically for providing health security to the people of J&K.
- It covers the whole family without limiting the number of people.
- Further, there is no age limit for any family member to avail of this Scheme.
- Now, let’s discuss the benefits of this Scheme to know more about it.
- SEHAT Scheme is available only for people of Union territories, and now Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch this Scheme for J&K people.
The Objective of SEHAT Scheme
- PM-JAY SEHAT scheme‘s main objective is to provide financial risk protection for families during a health emergency.
- Further, providing quality health services at affordable rates for all communities of the Jammu & Kashmir.
- The main motive of this Scheme is to provide medical security to the people of the Union territories of India.
SEHAT Health Insurance Cover
- Department of Information and Public Relations, Govt of J&K, has said that SEHAT Scheme facilitates Jammu and Kashmir’s total health protection with Rs. 5 lakhs for every inhabitant.
- SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme will virtually cover every family of the J&K UT which was not covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana
- The government is making sure that no family of the J&K is excluded from this Scheme by updating the existing database of Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011
- 21 Lakh people will get benefit from the SEHAT Scheme based on the SECC data
- SEHAT Scheme has a portable feature wherein any beneficiary from J&K can visit any of the AB-PMJAY’s 24148 hospitals across the country for their treatment.
- Mr Atal Dulloo, the Financial Commissioner of Health and Medical Education, has chaired the review meeting with state officials for trouble-free implementation of this scheme across the J&K
SEHAT Scheme 2021
- SEHAT Scheme will be connected to more than 219 hospitals, of which 34 are private hospitals.
- SEHAT Health scheme will also cover diseases related to Heart, Kidney and Cancer treatments which require lakhs of rupees where people cannot afford these treatments
- According to Srinagar District Administration, more than 78000 people have been enrolled so far
SEHAT Scheme Covers Total Population of J&K
- The current population of J&K is approximately one crore and the Government of India has strictly instructed the CSC centres and Hospitals to cover the whole population of J&K.
- More importantly, COVID-19 patients and Indoor Patient Department (IPD) cases are also covered under SEHAT Scheme.
- People of J&K have been living without any health cover for decades due to Article 370.
- Now it has been removed, the central Government’s health benefits are reaching Jammu & Kashmir’s people.
- Health cards will be issued to the people of J&K for maximum benefits and broader adoption of the SEHAT Scheme by the people.
- The government has directed J&K Medical Supplies Corporation Limited to keep adequate medicines for the hospitals across Jammu & Kashmir hospitals.
SEHAT Scheme Renewal
- The amount for the scheme is renewed every year. Suppose if you take treatment of 3 lakhs in a year, then you’ll again get the insurance of 5 lakh in next year.
- You have to register yourself at the online portal of the Government. Government instructs all the hospitals of Jammu and Kashmir to record the patient’s data. Now, let’s discuss how you can apply for this Scheme.
How To Apply For SEHAT Scheme?
- The Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) will take Common Service Centers (CSCs) to collect Jammu and Kashmir’s people’s data.
- CMOS directs the Common service centres to help the general public to avail the benefits of SEHAT Scheme.
- People can visit their nearby common service centres and online registration process.
- After the completion of registration, people are requested to wait for some days. After that, the Government will issue a SEHAT Health Insurance Card to every registered person.
- Once you get a SEHAT Yojna card, you and your family will get the medical cover of 5 lakhs.
Note: The Government of India officially suggests visiting a genuine and reliable CSC centre and restricting the enrollments with unreliable computer centres. The registration fee will charge if any.
Documents Required For SEHAT Scheme
If you want to register your family with SEHAT Scheme, you must the documents are given below.
- Ration Card
- Domicile Certificates (DCs)
- Birth Certificate
- Aadhar card
- Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC)
- You must also have the complete details of your family members
Promoting Awareness of SEHAT Scheme
- To promote and generate awareness of the Scheme among the general public, the Government organizing many campaigns in the state.
- Not only this but the medium of Advertisement, Pamphlets, and posters to promote this Scheme.
- Sick persons can visit any nearby hospital and take free treatment of up to 5 lakhs using a Health card issued under the SEHAT Insurance Scheme.
- This is an excellent initiative from the side of the Indian Government to provide health security to the peoples of Jammu Kashmir.
- The government of India is working very seriously on this Scheme for the benefit of the people.
- If you also want to register your family with this Scheme then visit the nearest CSC centre now.