WBMDFC Scholarship 2022-22 | WBMDFC Track Application | WBMDFC Payment Status | WBMDFC Education Loan
One of the most helpful initiatives by the West Bengal government includes the WBMDFC scholarship schemes. This is launched to help students in their inability to pay fees by providing them scholarships.
We have included each respective detail of the scholarship in the article today. We have explained the types of scholarships, eligibility, and the amount provided to beneficiary students.
Moreover, we prepared an uncomplicated guide procedure to apply for fresh applications, renewal of scholarship, and log in.
Table of Contents
WBMDFC Scholarships in 2022
In 1996, West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation(WBMDFC) was formed to improve the economic condition of minority communities in the West Bengal state.
Since then, the organization has launched various scholarship schemes for the students of West Bengal state to help them financially at every level of education.
All those students will get the amount to cover up their overall expenses in the institute. Also, the scholarship will encourage students to enroll in higher education.
This is a great initiative in the overall growth of the state.
List of Eligible Minority Community
Benefits of the Scholarship Scheme
- students can pay their fees without loans, which is a burden on many students.
- The admission ratio will increase in the school with the grants of WBMDFC.
- Also, there will be an uplift in the count of educated people in the state.
- This will reduce the financial burden on poor families.
- More employment can be generated through these schemes.
- The students will be more productive in school activities as financial stress is eradicated.
Check It Out: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
|Name of the Scheme
|Purpose of the Scheme
|To provide financial help to economically backward students.
|CM Mamata Banerjee, Government of West Bengal
|People of West Bengal State
|Only those students who are studying in the registered institute in west Bengal. Fulfils eligibility of the particular scholarship category.
|Mode of Application
WBMDFC scholarships Important dates for 2020-21
|Starting Date To Apply
|1st August 2020
|Last Date To Apply
|15th November 2020
WBMDFC Scholarship Conditions
- The maximum amount the beneficiary can get under the scheme is 33000 rupees.
- The student with not proper attendance criteria will not be entertained.
- The candidate has to submit the family income certificate at the time of application.
- In case of default found in the documents, the scholarship will be cancelled and the amount will be recovered from the applicant.
- The amount of scholarship would be directly transferred by DBT.
Types of WBMDFC Scholarship
West Bengal government scholarship schemes include the following types of scholarships:
- Pre matric scholarship scheme
- Post matric scholarship scheme
- Merit cum means scholarship scheme
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship scheme
- Bigyani Kanya Medhi Britti Scholarship scheme
- Hindi Scholarship Scheme
- Talent support programme scheme
Eligibility Criteria For New Applicants
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship
|Pre matric scholarship includes students of up to 10th class.
There are two categories: 1st to 5th class (day scholars only)
6th to 10th class (day scholar and hostelers)
|The annual family income should be less than or equal to 2 lakh rupees.
The student should be a permanent resident of West Bengal state.
Students studying outside the state are not eligible for the scholarship.
The student must have a minimum score of 50% in the previous year’s examination.
The student must be studying in a recognized institute by the state/central government.
2. Post-Matric Scholarship
|Post matric scholarship is provided to the day scholars and hostellers of 11th class and higher studies.
The category includes +1 and +2 class 11th and 12th class with vocational and technical courses.
Undergraduate and postgraduate.M.Phil students.
|The students who are studying in a recognized educational institute of state government or central government are eligible.
The student has scored at least 50% in the previous year/semester examination. The student must be a domicile of West Bengal.
The annual family income should not exceed 2 lakh rupees. The students studying outside of the state are not eligible for the post-matric scholarship.
3. Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|Students enrolled in professional courses are covered in this scholarship.
CA, medical engineering, management law, etc courses.
|The annual family income should be 250000 rupees or less. The applicant should be a resident of West Bengal.
The candidate must be enrolled for any technical or professional course.
There must be a minimum of 50% score in the last examinations in the previous year.
The student resident of West Bengal but studying outside is also eligible for listed institutes by WBMDFC.
4. Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|Students covered under the scheme: 11th and 12th class professional courses for graduates M.Phil
|The applicant would be selected on a merit cum means basis. The student should be admitted into the aided institution by the government.
The yearly overall income of the candidate’s family is fixed at 2.5 lakh INR.
5. Hindi Scholarship Scheme Eligibility
|Scholarship for Students who are good at the Hindi language.
The amount of scholarship is around 3000 to 10000 rupees per month.
|The student should be a permanent resident of the state. The applicant must have Hindi as a compulsory subject.
The minimum score in the previous examination should be 60%.The students studying outside West Bengal are not eligible for the scheme.
6. Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship Scheme
|BKMB scholarship is provided to the backward community students of
Class 10thClass +1 and +2Graduation Post-Graduation. The amount given is 3000 per month.
|Only the girl students can apply for this scholarship scheme. The student must be a domicile of West Bengal.
The applicant from SC/ST/OBC community is eligible only. For SC/ST students, the annual family income should not exceed 2,50,000 rupees.
The yearly family income for OBC applicants is fixed at 1 lakh INR. The students studying in institutes outside the state are not eligible.
7. Talent Support Programme Eligibility
|Students who have completed their technical/professional degrees will be covered under the scheme.
The amount is provided as a stipend to the candidates.
|The family income of the applicant should be 2.5 lakh INR or less. The student should be a domicile of the state.
A minimum score of 50% marks is required for eligibility. The candidate should be admitted to a professional/technical course.
The students enrolled in listed institutions by WBMDFC which are outside of West Bengal are eligible for the programme.
Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship Renewal
If a student is already enrolled for any of the grants under West Bengal government scholarship schemes. Then for renewal of application, the students must have scored 50% or above marks in their previous examination.
Amount Provided Under The WBMDFC Scholarship
Read the table below to analyze your estimated scholarship amount according to the study level:
|Amount Disbursed For Day Scholars
|Amount Disbursed For Hostelers
|For 1st to 5th class: The maintenance allowance is 1100 INR. Admission and tuition fee grant is nil. For the 6th to 10th class: The maintenance allowance is 1100 INR. The tuition fee provided is 4400 rupees.
|For 1st to 5th class: No fee waiver and maintenance allowance is also nil. For hostelers from 6th to 10th class: The admission and tuition fee allowed is 4400 INR. The maximum allowance provided is 6600 INR.
|For +1 and +2 classes: The admission and tuition fee waiver is up to 7700 INR. Maintenance allowance is granted 2500 INR. For +1 and +2 class students who are enrolled for vocational and technical courses: The admission and tuition fee covered is 11000 INR. The waiver for maintenance allowance is provided up to 2500 rupees. For Undergraduate and Postgraduate students: The overall tuition and admission fee covered is 3300 rupees only. The allocation of maximum allowance is 3300 INR. For M.Phil students the amount covered below: The overall fee waiver provided is 3300 INR. The allowance is provided to the extent of 6000 rupees only.
|For +1 and +2 class students living in a hostel: The tuition and other fee is covered up to 7700 rupees. The maintenance allowance waiver provided to hostel students is 4200 INR. For +1 and +2 class students who are living in hostels (enrolled for vocational and technical courses): About 11000 INR of the are amount is waived off for admission and tuition fee. The yearly maintenance allowance for hostellers is 4200 INR. For Undergraduate and Postgraduate students who are living in hostels: The admission fee and tuition fee waiver are 3300 INR. The maintenance allowance for the year is up to 6300 INR. For M.Phil students who are hostellers: 3300 rupees is waived off for admission and tuition fee. The maintenance allowance waiver is 6000 INR.
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship
|For professional courses and technical courses i.e., chartered accountant, medical courses, related to Law, etc. The amount for admission fee and tuition fee provided is 22000 INR per year. Up to 5500 rupees are provided as the maintenance allowance to the students.
|Hostellers enrolled in professional courses: The tuition fee and other fee is covered up to 22000 rupees. The allowance for hostellers is to the extent of 5500 rupees.
You need to submit the mandatory documents we have mentioned below:
- Date of birth
- Family income proof
- Address certificate of West Bengal
- Bank account details( account number and IFSC code)
- Aadhaar Card
- Photocopy of the previous year mark sheet
Procedure For Online Application For The WBMDFC Scholarship
- At first, click here to visit the official website.
- Then you will land on the homepage.
- On the homepage, click on the top right corner option ‘new registration 2020-21’.
- You will be taken to the next page.
- Now you are required to enter your district name.
- And new application form will be on your screen.
- After that enter your full name, mother’s name, guardian/father’s name, mobile number, and other details.
- Then enter the captcha code.
- In the next step click on the ‘submit’ button.
- You will be forwarded to the eligibility section.
- Then provide your eligibility information there.
- Click on proceed button and on the next page select your choice of the scholarship scheme.
- Now the portal will generate your username and password which will be sent on your mobile or email.
- Now log in using those credentials.
- And get into entering the bank account information, Academic information, Basic information.
- The final step is to click on the ‘submit’ option.
- Keep a printout copy for future reference.
- Submit your bank details with the first page of the passbook photocopy at your institute.
Renewal Process For The West Bengal Scheme
If you are already a beneficiary of the West Bengal scholarship previously, then you can apply for the renewal of benefits in 2022. Read below the guide to apply:
- At first, visit the official website of WBMDFC.
- You will be landed on the homepage of the portal.
- There you need to click on the option ‘renewal application 2020-21’.
- You will be taken to the next page.
- There you have to enter details as mentioned below:
- Application ID
- Date of Birth
- Then you have to enter the captcha code.
- And after that click on ‘login’.
- On the following page, you can fill in all the details in the renewal form.
- In the final step, click on the submit option and you will receive renewal confirmation on your email or mobile number.
Procedure To Track Application Status
- First of all, visit the portal by clicking here.
- This link will redirect you to the homepage.
- Select the ‘track application’ on the menu bar.
- Now, select the year of registration
- Then, select your district from the list.
- After that select your Mobile Number/Application ID and Date of Birth.
- Subsequently, enter the ‘Captcha Code’
- Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You can see the update of your application status on the following page.
List of Registered Institutions
Read the steps below for the process to check the latest list of registered institutions in 2022:
- Firstly, visit the official website of West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation.
- On the homepage, select the ‘list of registered institutions’.
- Then on the next page, select the district of your institution.
- After that click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A list of institutes would be visible on your screen.
- You can check your institute from there.
Login Procedure For The Student On The WBMDFC Portal
After successful registration for the scholarship, your username and password will be sent to your registered email id or mobile number.
Check your login credentials there and We have prepared a proper guide for you to log in as a student on the portal. Follow the steps below to learn them:
- Initially visit the website by clicking here.
- You will reach the homepage after clicking the link above.
- Then select the ‘student login’ option there.
- After that, you will be redirected to the login page.
- Select your district on the page.
- Then enter the username, password, academic session.
- next, enter the captcha code.
- At last, click on the login option.
Registered Institutes Login
- The first step is to Go to the West Bengal scholarship portal.
- You will be redirected to the homepage.
- On the homepage, select the option ‘Institute Login’ in the top corner.
- select the district of your institute from the list on the next page.
- Then you will be taken to the next page.
- Now enter your username and password in the login tab.
- Then select the ‘login’ option.
And by following the above steps you will be able to log in for your registered institute on the portal.
Department Officials Login
Follow the below step-by-step process for official login on the portal.
- First of all, visit the official website of WBMDFC.
- Then on the homepage of the portal, you have to look for the ‘official login’ option.
- Then click on ‘official login’.
- After that select one of the suitable options or click on the option below:
- LOGIN(for MCM 20-21)
- STATE LOGIN(for MCM)
- STATE LOGIN(for SVMCM)
- STATE LOGIN(for SVMCM 20-21)
- DISTRICT LOGIN
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Now enter your login credentials i.e. username, password on the login portal.
- After that enter the captcha code.
- Then click on ‘login’.
We have shared every vital information regarding the WBMDFC scholarship through this article. If You need any further help you can contact the authorities by any of the following means mentioned below.
- Contact on toll-free number – 18001202130
- Contact on Email-Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact via WhatsApp Number – 8017071714