Swami Vivekananda scholarship is also called as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship and is especially for the students of West Bengal. This scholarship is for students who belong to economically weaker sections.
These students pursuing undergraduates, postgraduates, or pursuing their schools from class 9th to 12th are eligible for this scholarship. It is launched by the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship trust in West Bengal.
Mainly these students are not able to afford their fees. So this scheme helps them in providing proper education through this scheme.
Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme aims to lower down the burden of financial crises on the students in the future and promote higher education. In short, it is particularly for helping the students financially.
Objecitve of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
The main aim of this scheme is to encourage students to pursue higher education who belong to economically weaker sections of society.
Many students in the state are unable to study due to financial crises even when they aim to study higher. So this scholarship scheme helps these students in making them study and provide good quality education.
Some major terms and conditions need to be followed for applying for this scholarship by the government of West Bengal. These conditions may include:
- It is important to note that the candidate must be a resident of West Bengal state.
- The organization in which you are studying must be situated within West Bengal.
- This condition must be fulfilled that you must be studying at the post-madhyamik level and in the institute of West Bengal after the secondary education
- The income for the whole family should not exceed rupees 250000.
- For the studies of higher secondary level, the applicant should have cleared madhyamik pariksha with a minimum of 75 percent.
- Eligibility criteria for the diploma is that the student should be passed out from madhyamik pariksha with a minimum percentage of 75.
- In the other courses like undergraduate, the students must have passed their secondary examination with 75 aggregate. These aggregates must be from the best five examinations.
- For the post-graduation course, the candidates have mastered general education or the honors subjects with 53 percentage. If they have done their masters in the engineering field, it is a must to have at least 55 percent.
- Applicants of kanyashree should be pursuing their PG in commerce, arts, and science. They need to complete their graduation. The minimum percentage that should be achieved by them is 45.
Steps That Should Be Followed While Applying For The Scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship through its official website– SVMCM (V3.0). Further, there are different links given according to the categories.
If the candidate belongs from the community of minority, then he or she has to apply under West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation.
All these applications are made digitally and no hard copies are accepted. The steps for applying for this scholarship are:
- The first step is to enroll in the scholarship. You have open the official website for registering it. After visiting the website you have selected the category as per the requirements.
- Fill up all the necessary details and upload all the important documents in the registration form. Any wrong information may reject your application form.
- After filling up the details, enter your specified mobile number and then enter the required email.
- You have to form your id with total characters of 15 digits and a password.
- It is required to remember the id and password.
- Now type the captcha code.
- You are required to fill up the other complimentary form.
- Remember to upload the scanned copies of all your documents.
- The image format should be in JPEG and the sizes of signature and image should vary from 10 kb to 20 kb.
- After doing all the needful, submit your application form to end the process.
The Selection Process of The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
The selection process for this scheme is somewhat different from other schemes. This scheme is especially for the students who are good in academics and belong to the economically weaker category.
That’s why this scholarship is also known as merit-cum-means based scholarship. So the above two conditions should be kept in mind while the selection process is going on. The selection process includes:
- Firstly, the candidates are categorized in descending order according to the marks achieved by them in the specified examination. The criteria of income are also kept in mind.
- Then the merit list is arranged as per the above criteria.
- While preparing the merit list, the documents available by the applicants is the main criteria considered.
- After completing these steps, the scholarships are disbursed to the accounts of the respected students.
Important Documents Required While Applying For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
Some mandatory documents are needed when you are applying for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme. Keep in mind that the documents should be correct otherwise, your application can be rejected by the concerned authorities. The important documents are:
- Upload the mark sheet of the specified document that you have qualified. Only the front and backside of the mark sheet must be uploaded.
- Admit card of the Madhyamik examination or equivalent examination needs to be present.
- Certificate of income must be in the specified format.
- Income affidavit needed to be uploaded for verification.
- Reports of higher secondary education are important.
- You are required to upload the image of the first page of your passbook that contains the account number and the other important details.
- Any of the cards such as voter ID card, aadhaar card, or a ration card are required.
- A proof of your residence is a must.
- A current passport size photograph of size varying from 10 kb to 40 kb has to be uploaded.
- A verification form of the institute authorized by the Head of Institution in the prescribed form is required.
- A domicile certificate is also important.
Awards and Benfits Under The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
The scheme includes many awards and benefits but they will be distributed according to the course which the student is pursuing.
The amount of the scholarship changes from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000. The course-wise awards and benefits can be:
- The amount of scholarship is Rs. 1000 per month for the higher secondary course under the category of Directorate of School Education.
- The scholarship amount for the category of Directorate of Madrasah Education under the level of High school Madrasah is Rs. 1000 per month.
- For the course of undergraduate in arts, an undergraduate in commerce, and undergraduate in science, the amounts are Rs. 1000 per month, Rs. 1000 per month, and Rs. 1500 per month respectively. This course comes under the Directorate of Public Instruction.
- The amount is Rs. 1500 per month for the professional undergraduate courses. This is categorized under the Directorate of Public Instruction.
- Under the post-graduation level in arts, commerce, and science, the amounts are Rs. 2000 per month, Rs 2000 per month, and Rs. 2500 per month respectively. This is also classified under the Directorate of Public Instruction.
- The award is of Rs. 2500 per month if it is a professional course.
- If the candidate is an undergraduate in the field of engineering, he is awarded Rs. 5000 per month under the category of Technical Education either at College or university.
- Under the category of Directorate of Technical Education and Training, an undergraduate is offered Rs. 1500 per month.
- The level of an undergraduate in the medical stream and diploma course classified under Directorate of Medical Education is awarded Rs. 5000 per month and Rs. 1500 per month respectively.
How Can You Renew The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
The candidates who avail of the benefits of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme have to renew their scholarship at the specified time. So the students have to renew their scholarship from its official portal.
But these renewals are restricted to some of the levels and courses. The least score that is needed at the promotional level during higher secondary and diploma to renew your scholarship is 60 percent.
Moreover, at the post-graduation level, a minimum score of 50 percent is required at the time of renewal. Further, you are required to be qualified in every semester of the examination for renewal.
The procedure for applying for renewal is more or less the same as that of the procedure of general application. So the steps or procedure for the renewal of the swami Vivekananda scholarship are:
Step 1: First you have to log in to the official website for getting the application portal online.
Step 2: Then choose the “Renewal Application” option.
Step 3: Log in with your ID and password that was provided to you while applying for the application.
Step 4: All the necessary documents and important details need to be submitted as asked.
Step 5: Now submit the application filled for renewal after all the requirements are fulfilled.
Documents Required At The Time of Renewal
- Marksheets of all the semesters be it 1st, 2nd, 3, and 4th are required at UG level.
- Also the mark sheets for 1st and 2nd semester of PG level education are needed for renewal.
If you have any queries, then you can contact the officials for detailed information about the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme
- Email ID:- [email protected]
- Toll Free Number:- +1800-102-8014