Online studies emerged as an essential part of our daily lives. We perform almost every task on our digital devices.
So, as an encouraging move, the Tamil Nadu government has initiated the ‘Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme,’ in which they provide free laptops to poor and needy students on the state level.
Today, we help you with the application procedure and other essential information such as documentation, eligibility requirements, beneficiary list.
You will get to know each aspect of the scheme, so read until the end to get hold of every vital piece of information.
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2021
The Tamil Nadu government provides free laptops under the ‘Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme’ to students who belong to economically backward backgrounds.
In this initiative, students from 10th and 12th will be covered for the benefits under the scheme. This scheme primarily aims to facilitate the laptops to meritorious students belonging to the economically backward sections of Tamil Nadu.
Moreover, the students can apply for the free laptop benefits through the online mode of application.
Benefits under the scheme
- The beneficiary of this scheme will be given a free laptop for their studies.
- Again, access to various e-study materials would help the student to improve their academic scores and.
- Also, the enthusiasm to pursue higher education will positively impact the student.
- The overall education efficiency will increase in the state.
Eligibility criteria for the TN Free Laptop Scheme
- Firstly, the students should be pursuing classes from 10th to 12th only.
- Moreover, the student can only get the laptop once in a lifetime.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a government-aided school.
- Also, he should be a permanent residence of Tamil Nadu state.
- Note that the applicants belonging to schedule caste and schedule tribe would be given preference.
Important Details for Candidates of Free Laptop Scheme
|Scheme Name||Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme|
|Launched By||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||To help the financially weaker section students.|
|Application Mode||Online Application|
|Beneficiary||Tamil Nadu Class 10th & 12th students only|
|Main Benefit||A Laptop worth 25,000/- rupees is given for free to the beneficiary.|
Documents Required with the application form
You need to submit the below-mentioned documents while applying for the TN Free Laptop Scheme.
- Permanent Residence Proof (ration card or any other document with the address printed).
- A Caste certificate.
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant.
- Also, a Family Income Certificate.
- And one School identity proof.
- Admission proof (10th or 12th class accordingly).
Online Registration and Application For Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2021
To register and apply for the free laptop scheme, you can go along with the application procedure given below:
- First of all, visit the official website on your device.
- This link will take you to the homepage of the portal.
- Now, click on the registration link to go further with the process.
- On the following page, fill the registration form with the inquired information.
- Once you are registered on the website, you have to login afterward.
- Then, Login to the portal through username, captcha code, and password.
- afterwards, you are required to fill up the application form along with the asked documents for the same.
- After that, click on the ‘submit’ button for successful submission of the form.
- Lastly, Get a print copy of the submitted application form for future use.
Check The latest ‘Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme’ Beneficiary List.
You can check whether you are selected or not for the free laptop scheme in Tamil Nadu through the latest beneficiary list on the portal. Our detailed step-by-step process given here will guide you on how to check the list:
- Firstly, go to the official portal.
- Then on the homepage, select the ‘beneficiary list’ option.
- A pdf file of the list with beneficiary names will be shown on your computer device.
- Now you can check your name on the list ( USE CTRL+F5 for the shortcut).
Features of The Laptop
You might be curious to get information about the laptop that is given to you under this scheme. So, take a look at the listed specifications as follows:
|Laptop Brand Name||HP|
|Market price||25,000/- INR|
|Laptop Warranty||1-year brand warranty|
|Hard disk||Up to 320 GB|
|Processor Name||Intel Pentium Dual Core|
|RAM||2 GB, DD R3 SD-RAM at 1066 Mhz speef|
|Software Pre-installed in Laptop||MS-OFFICE, ADOBE, and other necessary software.|
|System Name||ELCOT PC|
|System Type||X 86|
Contact and Address Details
- Phone No: 044-2567 0783
- e-mail: [email protected] Fax No:25670505
- Website: https://it.tn.gov.in
- Information Technology Department, Government of Tamilnadu, 2nd Floor, NKM Building, Secretariat, Chennai-600009.