Aadhaar has developed into a crucial identity document for Indian citizens due to voluntary registrations, almost universal usage, and the requirement to link it with PAN since a few years ago. It is a 12-digit exclusive number that the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) only assigns to citizens.
The Address change procedure can be completed both online and offline through authorized enrollment centers. however, can only be changed offline at recognized centers. Continue reading for more information on changing the address on an Aadhar card online.
Documents required to update the address on the Aadhar Card?
Aadhaar card holders can easily update their addresses on the UIDAI portal. There are more than 28 acceptable documents, but a few of the most common proofs of address (POA) are listed below.
- Voter ID
- Ration card
- Pensioner Card
- Driving License
- Disability Card
- Passport (of self/spouse/parents in case of a minor)
- Bank statement (Passbook, Post Office Account Statement)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than one year)
- Water Bill (not older than three months)
- Electricity Bills (not older than three months), including prepaid receipts
- CGHS/ECHS/ESIC/Medi-Claim Card with Photo issued by State/Central Govt/PSUs
- Insurance Policy (Life & Medical only)
- Telephone Landline Bill/ Phone (Postpaid Mobile) Bill/ Broadband Bill (not older than three months)
How To Update Your åddress On Aadhaar Card Online
Every ten years, the authority advises updating your Aadhaar with biometric and demographic information. Below is a description of the complete address update procedure:
- Click here to access the My Aadhaar portal and search for a login.
- Select the ‘Name/Gender/Date of Birth & Address Update’ option after logging in.
- Click on the button ‘Update Aadhaar Online’.
- Choose “address” from the list of demographic fields in the online form that need to be updated, then click “Proceed to Update Aadhaar.”
- Upload a scanned copy of the original supporting document along with the necessary demographic data.
- Pay the Rs. 50 non-refundable fee.
- The creation of a Service Request Number (SRN). Save it so you can check the status later.
- You will get an SMS when the internal quality check is finished.