In India, there are many kinds of projects launched to improve health care facilities for the citizens in Punjab. One of the famous & beneficial is Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. So, we are here to help you with the information about this scheme.
Today, you will learn several benefits, New Updates, about Beneficiary List, Sarbat Application procedure, and other important details in this article. Therefore, to get ahold of every important piece of information of this Sarbat Sehat Bima Insurance Scheme, read this article till the end.
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Punjab 2022
AB-SSBY stands for Ayushman Bharat – Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. This scheme is launched in Punjab to provide free health insurance to poor families. Under this scheme, the state health agency(SHA) gives a cover of 5 Lakh Rupees per year to each beneficiary.
Most people can’t afford health treatments due to a lack of money. So, the government aims to provide at least 65% of the population to have cashless treatments at government or selected private hospitals. Learn more about the eligibility and selection process for this scheme here below.
|Scheme Name||AB-SSBY (Aayushmaan Bhaarat – Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana)|
|Launched By||Government of Punjab, India|
|Applicable For||Citizens of Punjab State|
|Major Benefit||Free health Insurance up to 5 lakh rupees.|
|Official Website Link||sha.punjab.gov.in|
|E-Card Generation for Beneficiaries||You can get it from the nearest branch offices of SHA or CSC.|
|AIM||To give cashless and paperless treatment facilities to bima holders.|
Benefits of The Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
- No Premium Paid – The central and state government will bear the overall cost in a 60:40 ratio respectively. So, you don’t have to submit a premium for sarbat Sehat bima.
- Free Health Insurance – Under this scheme, almost 60% population in Punjab gets free health insurance of upto five lakh rupees.
- Also, you will get a free indoor treatment facility in 767 empanelled government and private hospitals.
- Full Coverage upto 5 Lakh INR – In the bima coverage policy by sehat health agency in Punjab provides benefits maximum of 5 lakh rupees every year for one family.
- Cashless & Paperless Treatments – In addition to all the benefits, overall medical bills, treatment & hospital charges of the beneficiaries will be paperless and cashless. Hence, you just need to show your E-card for proceeding with the free treatment of upto five lakh INR.
Punjab Labour Card Status Check Online
5 Lakh Bima Yojana Registration Online
- Till 2021, Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana has achieved the milestone of issuing 46 lakh E-cards for free health facilities.
- Also, 3,00,000+ patients are provided with cashless treatments through health insurance.
- Now, 767 hospitals are empanelled for the availability of every beneficiary in the districts of Punjab.
- Along with that, the number of health packages increased from 1393 to 1579 last year.
- In which, 5 lakh rupee free health insurance cover is included for eligible citizens in the state.
- Overall, during the covid era, the Punjab government has backed up the health of every individual in the state with the sarbat sehat bima yojana.
AB-SSBY Latest Updates
- According to Hindustan Times, the sehat health agency(SHA) of Punjab is aiming for 15 Lakh families under the Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana, AB-SSBY.
- The list of hospitals will be increased for the benefits.
- In addition to that, the Punjab government is aiming to avail health cards to each citizen of the state.
- Till 2021, this scheme has covered 1+ lakh people and given great health benefits.
- Moreover, there is a surge in the number of health packages from 1393 to 1579 across Punjab.
- Now, Covid 19 treatment will be given under the Sarbat sehat bima scheme as well.
Types of Beneficiaries
- There are only a few categories of people in Punjab, who can apply for the free scheme initiative. Learn below if you fall under any of the eligible categories.
- First is the NFSA Ration Card Holders. In Punjab, we have 20+ lakh Smart cardholders & almost 15,00,000 for SECC.
- Next, we have Small Traders on the eligibility list. Out of the population, 46,000+ are into small trading businesses.
- The third type of eligible candidate can be Constructions Workers, who need to be working under the construction welfare board.
- You can apply if you come under J-Form Farmers under the Punjab Mandi Board.
- Furthermore, Small & Marginal Farmers are also eligible for the Sarbat Bima scheme.
- To become a beneficiary the last category chosen is Journalist.
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Eligibility
- Now, after reading the above list of beneficiaries.
- You know, if you can apply for the scheme.
- Are you still not sure? Let us help you with the resolution.
- Go to the portal through your browser at https://sha.punjab.gov.in
- After that, on the homepage, click on the CHECK ELIGIBILITY UNDER AB-SSBY.
- Immediately, you will get to the next page ahead.
- On this page, you have two methods to check your eligibility.
- One of them is by entering your Name, District Name, Father’s Name, Last four digits of your Aadhaar Card, Captcha Code.
- The second way is to search through
- Registration Number
- Farmer Id
- Journalist Id
- Permanent Account Number(PAN) or any other search Id
- At last, submit the request by pushing the Search button.
- This is how you can check your eligibility for free insurance in Punjab.
Real-Time Population in Punjab to Cover Under This Health Insurance Scheme
|Number of Citizens (In Lakhs)||For Sarbat Sehat Bima Scheme|
|47||JOURNALIST (YELLOW CARDHOLDER)|
|2.76||SMALL & MARGINAL FARMERS|
|4.94||J-FORM HOLDING FARMERS|
Insurance Amount Increased for Treatment in Private Hospitals 2022
As per the official site of Sarbat Health Agency, the government has increased the amount of treatment. Initially, the medical insurance cover was 1800 Rupees which at most extended up to 4500 INR.
This announcement was made in May 2021 by the former Health Minister of Punjab. So, the beneficiaries can get benefits in the range of 18000 rupees. The central and state government will sponsor the whole scheme proportionally.
This leads to help to millions of families living in poverty and are unable to get treatment in private hospitals.
12000+ Beneficiaries Treated under Sardbat Sehat Bima Yojana
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana has successfully benefited almost 12,000+ people in the districts of Punjab. In this scheme, they are given paperless & cashless facilities to get treatment in private empanelled hospitals.
Other than that, almost 2+ lakh people now have the E-card for free health checkups and many benefits across the state. Long term or chronic diseases are also included in the free treatment policy under Ayushman Bharat provided insurance.
Only 6 months Wait to Get Benefits
As per the government, you will get a compensation of 5 lakh rupees for the treatment under the Sarbat Sehat Bima Scheme. To become the beneficiary, you must fulfil the conditions laid by the government on the website.
Officials are taking fast actions to reach as many citizens in the state to benefit from the scheme. For now, the Punjab government aims to at least cover 600000+ people around the state.
Free 5 Lakh Rupees Insurance Benefits
In 2019, 8,00,000+ people were selected under the AB-SSBY in Punjab and were provided many health facilities without any cost. For those people, the central and state administration spent almost 900 crore rupees in the last two years.
After such massive success at helping the less privileged government has made changes in 2020 as well. Now, the government is providing cashless treatment of up to 5,00,000 INR per family in one year as an insurance sum.
Millions of people are enjoying the free health benefits rendered by the authorities in Punjab. As per reports, at least 13,000 got heart surgeries through this sarbat sehat bima yojana. Also, 4000+ beneficiaries have already gone through knee & hip replacement.
Further, other 12133 and 203135 have undergone cancer treatments and artificial dialysis, respectively.
Achievements of Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana 2022
The Department of Health and Family Welfare has announced numerous changes in February 2021 that you must know. As you already know, Sarbat Sehat Bima has already provided millions of individuals with free health care facilities in government and private hospitals.
- One of the major changes includes the introduction of new facilities under the scheme like MRI, CT Scan, etc.
- Also, the inclusion of many governments & private empanelled hospitals took place in the new changes.
- Moreover, packages are also increased for free treatments under Sarbat Bima.
Enrollment for covid-19 Medical Insurance
As the covid approached 1 year ago, the Punjab government came up with cashless medical insurance for poor families. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries will be secured with free treatment in private hospitals.
Even when you have another kind of health insurance, as a beneficiary of this scheme you can get help for remaining hospital costs like beds, room fees, doctor fees, tests fees, medicines fees, and other treatment expenditures.
Besides that, you don’t need to submit any form while transferring to private hospitals. Just go directly to the chosen privately aided hospitals in your district.
How to Get Free Covid-19 Treatment in Punjab?
- To get free covid-19 treatment in Punjab, you must have an E-Card.
- Along with that, you should be selected for the Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana under Ayushman Bharat.
- To check about the covid-19 treatment, go to the official website of Sarbat Health Agency.
- Now, on
Check Your name in the Beneficiary List Online
- The selected names are listed online and are available on the SHA website.
- To check your name in the beneficiary list, visit the homepage here.
- On the homepage, search for the ‘Check eligibility under AB-SSBY’.
- Hence, you will come to the next page.
- In the next step check your name through:
- Your Name or
- Aadhaar Number or
- PAN Number or
- Construction Worker ID or
- Journalist ID or
- Smart Ration Card Number
- Now proceed to check your name by pushing the show status button.
Financial Assistance in the Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
The Punjab health department is ready to give health-related financial assistance in various forms. We’ve brought the information for you here below:
- Every major life-threatening disease or chronic disease is covered in the sarbat bima yojana.
- Also, sarbat bima for every person is fully supported by the government, which means you don’t have to spend anything on the premium.
- The Insurance includes a maximum sum of 5 Lakh Rupees for each family in Punjab.
- Another amazing benefit includes 124+ packages reserved for Government aided hospitals.
- Further, cashless secondary care and tertiary care treatments are secured with 1396+ packages in Punjab and Chandigarh.
- Lastly, you will get 3 days pre-hospitalisation & 15 days post hospitalisation expenses coverage by the government.
Registration Process For Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana
- The people are selected based on their financial background for sarbat sehat bima yojana.
- Punjab health department will prepare a list of needy citizens in the state from their collected data.
- Hence, you will get informed regarding the selection through various means.
- Remember, all are eligible for health cards but only selected citizens can utilize the free Insurance under Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana.
- You need to be a domicile/resident of the Punjab state.
- Following that, to become eligible you should be a
- Labourer or Factory worker
- or Farmer
- or Small Trader
- or J-Form/ Marginal/ Small Farmers
- Journalist or
- or NFSA Ration Card
- Your family Income or earning would be considered while selecting for the scheme benefits.
- Also, applicants shall have a ration card and other documents for verification purposes.
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Card 2022
Sarbat Sehat bima aims to cover the medical fees of every beneficiary up to 5,00,000 Rupees. For that, the government has decided to distribute cards to each of them. Through a bima card, you can process paperless and free hospital treatments up to 5 lakh INR.
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana also provides free health checkup facility every year with the card. This card is helping almost 1+ lakh people in Punjab.
All those who are farmers, wage earners, journalists, and yellow ration card holders are the focused population in this scheme. Get your card if you fall under any of the categories mentioned above and enjoy the cost-free health benefits.
Know Location of Your Nearest Service Centre
- To avail of the benefits, you can apply for the cards through your nearest help centres allotted by the government.
- There are 3 types of service centres for card making under Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana.
- So, you can apply for your cards from February 2021, from type 1 service centres.
- Likewise, Type 2 service centres opened on 22 February 2021, for the cards.
- Lastly, one can apply for the yojana through type 3 available centres by the government.
- Also, while generating the card you can visit the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the weekdays.
- You can know more about the nearest service centres of bima yojana through helpline number 104.
Check E-Card Status Online
- In the first step, you need to visit the web portal of the State health agency through your device.
- Now, on the homepage, you will see the ‘CITIZEN CORNER’ option.
- Moreover, point your cursor on it.
- By doing that, a set of options will come and you need to click on ‘Check Active/Inactive Status of E-Card’.
- Eventually, this will redirect you to the next page.
- Here, enter your AB-SSBY E-card or health card number.
- Also, fill in the captcha code.
- Lastly, click on the ‘check status’ option.
- By doing this, you will be able to know if your card is active or Inactive.
Search Disabled AB-SBBY E-Card
- Go to the homepage of SHA to search for Disable AB-SSBY E-card.
- On the homepage, you are required to look for the citizen section.
- In that section, choose the option ‘Check for Disabled AB-SSBY E-Card’.
- This step will take you to the up coming page of the portal.
- Furthermore, you need to fill in the asked details.
- Now, click on the ‘search button and you can see whether your name is in the list or not.
E-Card Generation Registration is Available Offline Only
- Go to your nearest Market Committees Or Seva Kendra Or CSC Center to get your E-Card of sehat bima yojana.
- Follow the procedure as per their guidelines there.
Documents Required for E-Card Generation
To register for the scheme you need some documents which we’ve given here below:
- Online KYC – The first document you need is your Aadhaar Card.
- Family Identification Document – You can use the Ration card as the family proof when names are available.
- If you don’t have a ration card then you can use a Family declaration form with a sign & stamp of the Municipal Councillor or Sarpanch.
- Also, you can use a Construction worker registration card for family identification.
Search Your District Common Service Centre (CSC)
- You can search for CSC through the website of the Punjab state health agency.
- For reaching the homepage of the portal, click here.
- Next, you will find a bunch of options on the homepage.
- Simply look for the citizen’s tab there.
- Along with that, select the Common Service Centre.
- The last step will bring you to the succeeding tab for searching CSC.
- Here, choose your district name.
- Finally, click on the search button and you can check the centre details now.
Process To Check Empanelled Hospitals On the SHA Portal
- In the first step, browse the official website of the state health agency for Punjab.
- After that, go to the homepage of it.
- There, you are required to select the hospital tab.
- Along with that, choose the option ‘De-empanelled Hospitals’.
- Then, you can easily check the list of Empanelled hospitals.
Steps to Download Referral Slip Form
- To download your referral slip, go to the official website for the health facilities of Punjab.
- For the next step, you need to select the tab named ‘hospital’.
- In the hospital tab, Download Referral Slip Format.
- Now, the download link will take you to the next page for further procedures.
- Finally, you can download the format on your computer.
Prodecure To Check De-Empanelled Hospitals
You can search the de-empanelled hospitals by following the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the Punjab State Health agency official portal online.
- Then, on the opened page, click on the ‘Hospital’ Tab.
- Under the tab, select the De-Empanelled Hospital.
- By doing this you can see the list on the upcoming page.
- Now search for your choice of hospital.
Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana Helpline Number
You can get more information about the Sarbat Sehat Yojana from the official website of the Punjab government.
Also, if you have questions to ask regarding this scheme, you can contact the dedicated helpline number 14555 or on toll-free number 104. You can also mail them at [email protected].
Also, you can directly visit them on the 4th floor, BSNL Sanchar Sadan, Sector 34, Chandigarh for further queries.