Parivahan.gov.in learning licence slot booking | Sarathi Parivahan Application Status | Parivahan driving licence Download |
You must’ve thought, “why do we need a Licence as permission to drive our vehicles?” Also, maybe you are confused between learning and driving licence? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered here with this article.
Today, in this article, we will tell you everything about Licence, Sarathi Parivahan, the online application process, Licence Renewal process, types of Licence in India, etc.
Besides, you will learn the importance of getting a licence document required, eligibility for the licence application. So, read the article till the end to know everything about Sarathi Parivahan.
What is Sarathi Parivahan Sewa?
Sarathi Parivahan is the official website launched by the government of India to help citizens apply for a driving licence online.
On the sarathi parivahan sewa portal, you will find services related to licence applications like Slot booking, Registration, Online Licence Test, etc.
Also, you can access information & updates related to e-challans, Renewal of Learning Licence, Payment & verification for licence application. On the homepage, you can check these options to access overall information about your Vahan(vehicle) as well.
Furthermore, you can know about your Vahan tax and every other Vahan related tax payment important there through the sarathi portal itself. Most importantly, this webpage will help you check your licence number.
Sarathi Parivahan Sewa Services Online 2022
- Get to know about Parivahan Details
- Pay your Vahan Tax (Vehicle Tax)
- You can schedule your Appointment Booking Online
- Make a new Driving Licence
Latest Updates about Driving Licence (issuance)
- change of department
- Linking Aadhaar Card with RC
- Link Driving Licence with Your Aadhaar
Important Information about Sarathi Parivahan
|Portal Name||Sarathi Parivahan|
|Launched By||By Indian Government|
|Sarathi Portal Link||LINK|
|Benefits For||This provides benefits to all residents of India.|
|Aim||To provide digital access for Vahan related services.|
About Driving Licence
- A driving Licence is a Very Important document for any person who wants to drive a motor vehicle. A licence provides permission and verifies that you’re an able citizen who can perfectly handle two/three/four wheeler vehicles.
- In India, you must have a driving licence, which is issued by the ministry of road transport and Highway.
- Moreover, it’s not at all safe to drive on roads without properly learning how to drive, it will put everyone’s life at risk.
- There are various kinds of licences for different reasons. We have mentioned all of them here below.
Driving Licence V/S Learning Licence
- A learner licence is allowed to any person above 16 years of age in India.
- Also, a learner licence holds less importance than a driver licence, as it’s for a temporary purpose.
- On the other hand, a driving licence is your permanent document of consent to drive on roads.
- Learner Licence is valid for less than 1 year.
- Whereas, driving licences are renewed after every 10 years.
- Moreover, a learner licence cannot be made after a driving licence. You only get it before that.
How many types of Driving Licence are available in India?
There are many sorts of licences in India, we have listed them here below:
- Driving Licence
- Learner Licence
- Heavy Vehicle Licence
- Conductor Licence
- DSL(Driving School Licence)
- International Driving Licence
- Light Vahan Licence
The Services offered by RTO through the Sarathi Parivahan Website
Sarathi parivahan provides several services which will help you with everything related to Licence and your motor vehicle. You can know all of them here below:
- New Licence Application & Registration Services
- Apply for New Learner Licence
- Facility to Register for DSL
- Conductor Licence Application Services
- E-challan Information Facilities
- Editing of Name for Driving Licence
- Driving Licence Details are also provided on the portal.
- Endorsement To Drive in Hill Region
- Availability of issuance for NOC
- Cancellation of NOC
- Biometrics Update Facility Services
- Driving Endorsement
- Changes in Driving Licence Services
- The facility of Issue of PSV Badge for Vehicle Drivers
- COV Codes Change Making Services
- Surrender of PSV or COV Badge to Department
- Date of Birth Editing for Driving Licence
- International Driving Licence Application Services
- AEDL for Defence Licence Facility
- Address Changing Facilities
- Hazardous Material
Need for Sarathi Parivahan Portal in India
- Firstly, We Can See Instant Removal of Loopholes in Management for Licences.
- More Trust Establishment between government and public.
- Also, there will be a Greater Transparency in Licence Tests.
- Better Process is a great initiative for Highly Populous Countries like India.
- You Can Quickly Apply Online on Sarathi Parivahan from Anywhere.
- Data Management becomes easy for RTO Administration.
Eligibility Requirements for Driving Licence Application Process
- Permanent Indian Residents can apply for a driving Licence in India.
- Also, your age should be above 17+ years old to become eligible for a Driving Licence.
Necessary Documents for your Licence Application
- First of all, you need Identification proof i.e., Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, PAN Card, etc.
- Another document you need to submit is your Address Proof & Age Proof which can be proved by your 10th or 12th mark sheets.
- Remember to submit your permanent address.
- Also, give your mobile number while Licence application.
- Lastly, take 2+ passport-sized photographs with you, for the form.
Amount of Fees for Sarathi Parivahan Applications
|Types of Applications||Amount to be Paid|
|Every Category Vehicle Driving Test||This application amount is 50 Rs. only.|
|New Class Vehicle Endorsement on Smart Card DL||This application fee is 200 INR.|
|Driving License Renewal on Smart Card||The renewal on the smart card is 250 Rupees only.|
|Renewal of DL on Smart Card after the expiry of grace period||Permanent fees of 200 INR & 50 Rupees as a penalty as the grace period expired.|
|Permanent Driving License on Smart Card||INR 200|
|International Driving Permit Application (on paper)||500 Rupees Only|
|Learner’s License Grant for any category of vehicle (on paper)||30 Rupees Only|
Apply Online For Driving Licence
- You can easily get your driving licence by applying through the sarathi parivahan portal.
- So, visit the sarathi parivahan portal, which is the official website for any Licence related work & Information.
- Following that, you will reach the homepage.
- Next, choose your State in India.
- Out of many links, click on the ‘APPLY DRIVING LICENCE LINK’.
- This link will take you to a new page.
- Please click on the Continue button.
- After this, on the forward page, enter your DOB & DL Number.
- Furthermore, after clicking on the ‘OK’ option, your application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill that licence form with the required information.
- Now, you need to attach the mandatory documents with the form.
- After stapling the documents, select the time for an Appointment for DL Test.
- In the end, Pay your application fee through net banking, UPI, Debit Card, etc.
- Complete your application by clicking on the ‘submit button.
Check Your Sarathi Parivahan Application Status Online
- Now easily check your driving licence status through this portal here.
- After visiting this website, search for the application status link on the homepage.
- Before that, select your state.
- Then, on the page coming ahead fill the columns with the respective information”
- Date of Birth
- Application Number of Driving Licence
- Verification Code/captcha code
- Click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Now, you can see the status on the page.
Driving Licence Renewal Process
- In the first step, go to the portal and download the DL Renewal application form.
- Subsequently, fill that form with your personal information asked in it.
- Then, pin all the necessary documents with this form.
- Now, pay your renewal application fees.
- Visit your nearest RTO office and submit the application form.
The application process for Duplicate Driving Licence
- You can apply for a Duplicate driving licence offline.
- Firstly, visit the RTO office and get your application form LL.D from the counter.
- Now add your personal information in the form carefully.
- Note that, you need to attach a copy of your original licence(if any).
- Pay the application fee & submit it to complete the process.
How to Reprint Driving Licence at home?
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of road and transport, India.
- You will be taken to the homepage directly through this link.
- Click on the DL Extract Reprint in the list of options.
- By doing that you will be coming to the next page.
- Enter your application number here.
- Click on the ‘submit button to get the reprint of your licence.
Available Service for Driving Licence
- To Reprint your driving licence at home visits the sarathi parivahan portal from your phone.
- On the homepage, choose your state name.
- Click on the Driving Licence tab.
- In that tab, select services on DL from the list.
- Now read the instructions on the next page.
- After that, click on the continue option.
- Furthermore, add the below details:
- Licence Number
- Mobile Number
- Driving Licence Category
- And other asked information
- Proceed with the request now.
Make Your Slot Booking for Driving Test
- In the first step, visit the homepage of sarathi parivahan through your device.
- On the homepage, choose the Appointment tab.
- Under that tab, click on the Slot Booking DL Test option.
- This will take you further ahead to proceed.
- Now, enter your application number which you have got during the application form submission.
- Submit the request after selecting the date & time of your test.
Steps to Cancel Your Test Booking
- Due to online facilities, you can cancel your licence test at home.
- For this, go to the official website of the ministry of road and transport.
- Now select your respective state.
- Click on the appointment tab on the homepage.
- Along with the tab, you will see a bunch of options.
- Now, choose Cancel DL Test Slot.
- This will bring a fresh new page to your screen.
- Here, give all the required information.
- Finally, click on the submit option
Driving Licence Club
- Visit the sarathi parivahan official portal made for the DL services online by the ministry of road transport and Highway.
- On the coming page, select your state.
- Following that, choose the Driving Licence Tab.
- In the next step, select the DL Club option under the tab.
- Furthermore, enter your personal information such as licence number, date of birth, state, licence category, and other details.
- With these details, push the submit option.
- After submission, the screen will reflect your DL Club details.
Test Sheet for Your Driving Licence
- For the test sheet, go to the official portal of sarathi parivahan, the government of India.
- You will be redirected to the homepage in the first step.
- On the page, you need to choose the driving licence tab.
- In that tab, search for the DL test sheet and click on it.
- By doing this you will go to a new page.
- Enter your application number & date of birth.
- Furthermore, at the end of the page, push the submit button.
- This is how you can see the test sheet online.
Check Available Slot for Your Test
- Check your test slot by clicking here.
- You will reach directly on the homepage of the sarathi parivahan portal.
- Select your state name there.
- Along with that, choose the appointments tab.
- A list of options will open beneath it.
- Click on the Enquiry DL Test Slot option.
- This will redirect you to a new page.
- Here, choose your name & code of the RTO.
- Besides, also select your state code.
- Finish the process through the ‘submit’ option.
- On the coming screen, know your test slot availability.
Online Apply for New Conductor Licence
- First of all, go to the sarathi parivahan for conductor licence.
- On the page, select your state & choose the Conductor Licence Tab.
- Under that tab, select the option ‘new conductor licence’.
- With that step done, you can see an application form for a conductor licence.
- Fill this form with your personal & professional detail as asked in it.
- Also, submit the documents important with the registration.
- Moreover, upload your signature & passport-sized photograph.
- In the next phase, pay the application fees.
- Now, with the submission of the form, your registration is successful.
Get Your Temporary Conductor Licence through Sarathi Parivahan
- You can get your temporary conductor licence here.
- Select your state name.
- Choose the conductor licence tab.
- In that tab, choose the option named ‘temporary conductor licence’.
- On the page ahead, read & continue the guidelines.
- After that, a new form will appear on the screen.
- Enter your details in that form & attach the documents afterwards.
- Here, pay the fees.
- After the submission of the fee, submit the request on the portal.
Take Online Test for Conductor Licence
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is providing a facility to take online tests for Licence.
- Visit their official website of sarathi parivahan.
- On the webpage, select your respective state.
- Then, choose the ‘conductor licence tab’.
- Furthermore, click on the ‘online conductor licence test’.
- On the next page, enter your application number, date of birth, etc.
- Now, log in to the portal for the test.
Online Conductor Licence Services
- You can get the conductor licence services on the sarathi parivahan website, which is state-wise divided.
- In the next step, choose ‘conductor licence tab’ & option named ‘services on conductor licence’ respectively.
- This is how you can utilise the services on the coming page.
Get Your Conductor Licence Print
- Visit the official website of RTO, the government of India.
- Here on the homepage, choose the state name.
- Then, select the conductor licence tab.
- After that, select the print conductor licence.
- Moreover, on the next page, submit the needed information to get the licence downloaded on your device.
- Finally, take a printout as per convenience.
Regularize Provisional Conductor Licence
- You can regularize your provisional conductor licence here.
- You need to select the state name & conductor licence tab on the homepage.
- Along with this, choose the option named ‘provisional conductor licence’.
- On the next page, enter all your asked information in the columns.
- ‘Proceed’ the request to complete it.
- Ahead on the coming screen, do as they ask and you’re done converting the conductor licence as regular.
Know Your RC Status
- In the initial step, go to the homepage of the sarathi parivahan.
- Select your state name here.
- After that, choose the option to know your RC status.
- This will push you to a new page.
- On the new page, enter your vehicle number & captcha code.
- Click on the Vahan search to proceed with the request.
- Here, on the coming screen, see your RC update & status.
Procedure to Apply for New Driving School Licence(DSL)
- To apply for DSL online, visit the Sarathi Parivahan Portal launched by the government of India.
- On that website, enter your state name.
- You have to choose the driving school licence tab on the homepage.
- Furthermore, select the option named ‘new driving school licence’.
- Consequently, doing this will take you ahead to proceed.
- On this page, your DSL application form will come to the screen.
- Enter the mandatory information required for the registration.
- Now, pin all the asked documents with your form.
- After that, pay your application fees through available payment methods.
- This is how you can easily do your DSL Application procedure online.
Search Related Applications on Sarathi Portal
- The first step is to go to the parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Then, enter your state name on the homepage.
- Along with that, select the others tab.
- In that tab, select the search-related applications option.
- Now choose the type of category of application.
- This is how you can search application related details here.
Online Candidate Enrollment for DSL
- Do DSL Enrollment by visiting the official website of the ministry of road transport and Highway.
- On the homepage, enter your state name & choose the Driving Licence Tab.
- Henceforth, choose the option named ‘DSL certificate enrollment.
- In the next step, you will be sent to a new page.
- Here, enter your learner licence number and click on the go button.
- A form for enrollment will come up on the next page.
- Enter every asked detail in it & attach the necessary documents of the candidate.
- Complete the enrollment by pushing the ‘submit button.
Available Services on Driving School Licence
- Initially, you need to go to the official website of the sarathi parivahan portal.
- With that, you’ll be on the homepage.
- There, you need to select your state.
- Select the ‘driving school licence’ tab.
- After that, click on the services option.
- This will take you to a new page.
- On this page, you are asked to enter a DSL number, DOB, etc.
- Submit your request to get the details on the next page.
Edit Your Driving Licence Application on Sarathi Parivahan
You can edit details by visiting the official website dedicated to parivahan sewa services. Click here to edit your details quickly:
- First of all, on the homepage, choose your respective state.
- After that, choose the ‘the others tab’.
- Under that tab, you will find several options.
- Here, choose the best-suited option and do your updates & changes.
You can use the above steps if you’re interested to make the following changes in your licences & applications on the Sarathi Parivahan Portal.
- Steps to Update Your Mobile Number
- Fees Payment Verification Online
- Pay Fees Through Parivahan portal
- Method to Find Licence Application Number
- Cancel your Application Here
- Procedure to add Class of Vehicles
- The process to do Camp Registration
- Upload Your Documents with Licence Application
Procedure to Download & Print Application Forms
- To get forms on sarathi parivahan, click on the link here.
- This will directly revert you to the homepage of the portal.
- After that, you need to select your state name.
- Now, choose the Information services tab on the same page.
- Next, click on the option ‘download’
- Finally, choose the ‘all form’ to reach the new page, where you can get every significant form of parivahan services.
Steps to Download M-Parivahan App
You just need to follow our list of steps below to download your M-Parivahan App:
- First, go to the Play Store or Apple Store app on your smartphone.
- Then, type ‘M-Parivahan App’ in the search bar.
- Consequently, a list of apps will appear on the next page.
- Select the number 1 app on the list.
- Now, click on the ‘Install button.
- Within a few minutes, it will get downloaded on your device.
Official RTO Website Links
|STATE NAME||WEBSITE LINK|
|Uttarakhand||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Uttar Pradesh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Daman & Diu||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Tripura||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Tamil Nadu||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Sikkim||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Rajasthan||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Punjab||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Pondicherry||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Odisha||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Nagaland||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Mizoram||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Meghalaya||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Manipur||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Maharashtra||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Ladakh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|West Bengal||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Arunachal Pradesh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Assam||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Bihar||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Chandigarh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Chattisgarh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Delhi||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Goa||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Gujarat||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Haryana||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Himachal Pradesh||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Jammu and Kashmir||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Jharkhand||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Kerala||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
|Karnataka||RTO STATE WEBSITE|
Get Your Learning Licence at www.parivahan.gov.in
You can apply for a learning licence on the sarathi parivahan portal. For your convenience, we have gathered all the necessary types of requests regarding the LL online. Check them out here below:
Steps to Get Learner Licence Form 3
- To get the LL Form 3, go to the parivahan portal made by the Indian Government.
- The link to the homepage is here.
- Through the homepage, you can get many kinds of forms.
- The next step is to choose your state.
- After that, click the learning licence tab.
- In that tab, you can see Print LL (Form 3).
- Click on that option.
- By doing that, your form will be downloaded on your device.
- Get a print of the form if you’re willing to submit it offline.
Online Apply for New Learner Licence
- In the first step, you need to visit the official website of the Sarathi Parivahan, Government of India.
- You will be then redirected to the homepage for further steps.
- Here, select your state on the homepage.
- Next, choose the option named ‘apply learner licence’.
- By doing this, you’ll land on a new page where you are required to fill in the required details.
- Before that, read the information carefully.
- Select the ‘continue’ button to proceed.
- On the next page, you will get a form to fill up.
- Fill that form with accurate & correct information.
- Attach the mandatory documents asked with the form.
- Finally, click on the ‘submit’ option which is given at the end.
- This is how your application process of learning a licence is done online.
Get Your Renewed Learner Licence on Sarathi Parivahan
- To renew your expired learning licence you have to visit the official website of the RTO.
- or you can directly select the above link.
- Which will take you straight to the homepage of the sarathi parivahan.
- Select your state from the homepage options bar.
- Following that, choose the learner licence tab on the same page.
- In that tab, click on the Expired Learner Licence Issue.
- Then, on the next page, enter the following details:
- Previous learning licence number
- Your Date of Birth
- Furthermore, click on the submit icon to proceed.
Learner Licence Slot Booking Online
- First of all, visit the official website of sarathi parivahan.
- You can see the homepage on your computer secreen.
- Then, choose the name of your state.
- After entering the state name, select the appointments tab.
- Under the appointment tabs, click on the SLOT BOOKING for LL TEST.
- This option will take you to the coming page.
- Enter your application number.
- Date of birth
- Lastly, captcha or verification code from registered contact.
- In the end, you can click on the submit button.
Steps to take Online Test for Learning Licence
- Easily give your learning licence test online through Sarathi Parivahan Portal.
- For further steps, follow the steps below.
- On the sarathi portal, visit the homepage in the first step.
- After that, choose the state of your choice.
- Besides, select the LL tab on the same page.
- In the next step, click on the online Learning Licence Test.
- Consequently, it will take you to the new tab.
- This page needs information to complete the process.
- Push the ‘submit’ button afterwards to attempt your online test.
Sample Papers for LL Test Practice
- You can get the sample papers only on the official portal of Sarathi Parivahan.
- you will find many options on the homepage of the portal.
- As usual, go for the Learning Licence Tab.
- Under that tab, please select sample questions for the LL Test.
- After that, you will be redirected to another page.
- Now, select the state and language for accurate sample questions.
- This is how you will get the sample papers to prepare for the test.
How to Give a Mock Test for LL online?
- For practice, find the mock test on the dedicated website of the ministry of road transport and Highway.
- Click here to visit the website directly.
- On the homepage, you will see the Learner Licence Tab.
- In the LL Tab, select the option named ‘mock test for LL’.
- Go on the next page.
- Furthermore, on this page, enter
- Applicant Name
- Date of Birth
- Lastly, push the sign-in button there.
- Thereafter, you can give your mock test for the practice of the Learning Licence test.
LL Test Slot Enquiry on Sarathi Parivahan
- To begin with, go to the official website by clicking here.
- The above link will take you to the homepage of the portal.
- In the next step, choose your state of residence.
- Immediately after that, you can see many options there.
- Out of those options, select the appointment tab.
- In the appointment tab, click on the Enquiry LL Test Slot.
- On the coming page, enter the RTO with the state name and applicant name.
- Now do the submission to complete the process.
Steps to Change or Cancel Your Learning Licence Test Slot
- Go to the homepage of the ministry of road transport and Highway.
- This government of India portal will help you cancel or change the Test Slot.
- Now, select the Appointment tab from the options.
- Under the appointment tab, you need to choose Cancel DL Test.
- By doing that you will come to the next page.
- On the next page, fill in the application number, DOB, and other required details.
- In the end, by clicking on the submit button you can do the test slot cancellation.
Process for Edit Entry for Learning Licence
- To edit the entry for a learning licence, visit the official website of Sarathi Parivahan service portal.
- You will be redirected to the homepage for further steps if entry.
- The second step is to choose your state on the homepage.
- Next, click on the LL Edit Request to make an entry.
- This will forward you to the request page.
- Here, enter all the necessary information.
- Click on the submit button after all the information is entered.
Procedure for Duplicate Learning Licence Application
- Firstly, visit your nearest office of RTO to apply for a duplication Learning Licence.
- After that, get an LL.D application form from the help desk there.
- Now, you have to fill the form with every information it has asked for.
- For the verification purpose, with the form, you need to attach the photostat of your driving licence.
- By doing all of the above steps, pay the fees and submit the application form.
To get help regarding the Licence or Sarathi Parivahan queries, you can reach out to the RTO helpline desk. The contact details are as follows: Contact Number – 0120 2459169
Official Email Id – [email protected].
I hope you read this article carefully and get to know every single detail about the Sarathi Parivahan, the Licence application process online and much more. If you feel like asking something about the same, you can drop a comment below and we will answer your question at the earliest.