Every Indian has an Aadhaar card, a distinctive identification document that serves as both a proof of identity and a proof of address. The Aadhaar card contains the person’s name, address, and date of birth and is connected to an active phone number and email address.
All of the information must be current and accurate in order to verify the Aadhaar’s authenticity. UIDAI has offered ways to update or change the details in the event of discrepancies. Here’s how to change the date of birth on your Aadhaar card if you want to.
Documents required to update your Date of Birth in Aadhaar Card
One of the following papers must be on hand if you want to change the birthdate on your Aadhaar card.
- PAN Card
- Birth certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Any photo ID card containing the details of the date of birth
- Central/State pension payment order
- Transgender ID Card (if any)
- Identity certificate with name and date of birth issued in UIDAI standard format.
- Valid Long Term Visa (LTV) and Foreign passport are required for minorities communities in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
Steps to update your Date of Birth on AAdhar Card
- Log in at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in.
- Click “send OTP” after entering your Aadhaar number and the captcha code. The one-time password will be sent to the registered mobile number. After that, enter the OTP and select “log in.”
- After logging in, you can access a number of services from the homepage. To change your date of birth, click “Update Aadhaar online.”
- You will be directed to a new page after making your choice. You can read about the update’s operation here. You can make a few changes to your name, date of birth, gender, language, and address through the online portal.
- After reading all the instructions, click “Proceed to update Aadhaar.”
- Choose ‘Date of Birth’ from the list of choices.
- To correct the date of birth, a scanned copy of the original supporting document is needed. Please make sure the relevant document is current and in your name.
- Upload supporting documentation and pay Rs 50 online using a credit/debit card or net banking.