Aadhaar has developed into a crucial identity document for Indian citizens due to voluntary registrations, almost universal usage, and the requirement to link it with PAN since a few years ago. It is a 12-digit exclusive number that the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) only assigns to citizens.
The name change procedure can be completed both online and offline through authorized enrollment centers. First names, however, can only be changed offline at recognized centers. Continue reading for more information on changing the name on an Aadhar card online.
What all Documents are Needed to Change the name on the Aadhar Card?
For owners of Aadhaar cards, the UIDAI portal has made minor name changes very simple. A few of the most common proofs of identity (POI), though more than two dozen documents are recognized.
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Ration Card/PDS Card
- Pensioner Card
- Government-issued marriage certificate with photograph
- CGHS/ECHS/ESIC/Medi-Claim Card with Photo issued by State/ Central Govt./ PSUs
- Disability Card
How To Change Your Name On Aadhar Card Using MY Aadhaar portal
- Click here to access the My Aadhaar portal and search for a login.
- Select the ‘Name/Gender/Date of Birth & Address Update’ option after logging in.
- Click on the button ‘Update Aadhaar Online’.
- Choose “Name” from the list of demographic fields in the online form that need to be updated, then click “Proceed to Update Aadhaar.”
- Upload a scanned copy of the original supporting document along with the necessary demographic data.
- Pay the Rs. 50 non-refundable fee.
- The creation of a Service Request Number (SRN). Save it so you can check the status later.
- You will get an SMS when the internal quality check is finished.