In this article today we will cover overall aspects of the Assam Ration Card for citizens of Assam launched by the state government.
After reading the article you will have complete details of the process to apply for the Assam ration card online and offline. Also, you will get to know the eligibility requirements to apply for the Assam ration card.
Moreover, we will teach you to step by step procedure to apply for the Assam ration card in 2021. After reading this article you would be able to check the latest ration card list for the year 2021.
We have also specified the overall benefits provided by the government to the beneficiaries of the Assam ration card.
Assam Ration Card Scheme 2021
Assam ration card is a document issued to citizens of Assam for availing the food products at low prices than the market. These ration cards can be used to purchase ration from the nearest ration shops in their locality.
A ration card is very essential for a citizen of India. The ration card is provided by the state government in each state. It also serves as identification proof in many cases.
List of Various Assam Ration Cards For Different Categories
Prior to NFSA Assam government has issued three main types of ration cards namely BPL, APL, AAY for citizens of Assam.
Afterwards, NFSA 2013 came into force, instead of these three ration cards government has issued two more kinds of ration cards namely MMASY and PHH. So we have specified all five type of ration cards for you below:
- BPL ration card – For people who were living below the poverty line.
- APL ration card – This card is for people who were living above the poverty line.
- AAY ration card – Antoydaya anna yojana.
- MMASY ration card – Mukhya Mantri Anna Suraksha Yojana ration card is issued by the Assam government after NFSA came into existence.
- PHH ration card- Priority Household ration cards are issued after NFSA came into existence.
Only The last two types now exist as ration cards in Assam
Benefits of Ration Card Assam To Beneficiaries
India has quite a high percentage of people living below the poverty line and cannot even afford food at many times. So the ration card enables every poverty-stricken resident to help with food security.
The Assam ration card enables the beneficiary to purchase the ration at affordable rates. Also, the ration card is essential for every citizen of India as it acts as an identity proof for various purposes.
All over ration is very essential for citizens of Assam to avail the other benefits from the government.
Who are Eligible To apply For a Ration Card Under NFSA 2021?
- The person who has shifted to a new place and has a ration card registered on the previous place. (address change)
- When there is a new birth of a child in the family. (addition)
- When the old ration card is lost and wants to apply for a duplicate ration card.
- After marriage When an entry is to be made in the ration card.
- When a person does not have a ration card and wants to apply for the first time.
Documents Required For Applying Ration Card
If you feel you are eligible for the ration card then you need to have the following documents given below
- Detail information of family members
- Driving license
- Income certificate
- Land revenue pay receipt
- Copies of birth certificates
- Voter ID
Documents For Applying Duplicate Ration Card
- Original Police report
How To Apply For Assam Ration Card?
There are two modes to submit an application for an Assam ration card in 2021. Generally, the Assam government accepts offline applications for issuing a ration card to the citizens of Assam.
But there are certain exceptions where the government advises people to apply for ration cards online. we have divided the applying procedure into two categories an online and offline. Follow the below steps to apply successfully for the Assam ration card in 2021:
Procedure For Applying For New Ration Card (Offline Method)
Assam Government usually receives an offline application for the ration card. So there are very few steps to apply for a ration card in Assam.
- Firstly. you have to visit the nearest PDS government office or ration shop.
- Secondly ask for the ration card application form, which you can get at the front desk there.
- And lastly, fill in all the details asked in the application form. Also, attach necessary documents with the form we have mentioned below in the next topic.
- Finally, submit the form to the executive in the office and officials will verify your submitted documents.
- If everything is correct, your ration card will be delivered to your registered address within 15 days of submission.
Ration Card Assam Online Apply
- Visit the official website portal of fcs&ca online portal.
- Fill the application form for the ration card.
- Attach the documents required for the particular category.
- Submit the application form.
- You can the status of the application by visiting the portal with the application ID (acknowledgement number).
- This way you can apply online for the application of ration card.
Procedure To Check Beneficiary List 2021
You can easily check the latest ration card beneficiary list in 2021 by following the step by step guide below:
- First of all, go to the food and Civil Supply Assam PDS official portal
- Now, click on this link on the homepage
- Next on the page select your district, tehsil, village and FPS details.
- After that, you will be redirected to the next page.
- Now enter your unique applicant name, RC ID code, type of ration card, and father or name of spouse.
- And by entering all details you can check your ration card on the list on your computer screen in PDF.
Ration Card Category Wise List of Number of Ration Cards in Districts
There is a total of 33 districts in the state of Assam ut of which an eligible list has been published for 27 districts
You check your district wise list from this link.