The main reason for the dropout from the school is the inability of students to pay their school fees.
To overcome this major problem in the higher-level education of children, the West Bengal government has launched various scholarships over the years to financially help the economically weaker section students in the state.
Today, in this article we will educate you about the types of Aikyashree scholarships offered by the government for 2020-21, the rewards offered under each kind of scholarship, the eligibility requirements, and the documentation for the grant.
Moreover, we have prepared a step-by-step guide for the application process, how to login on to the portal, and other important aspects of the scholarship scheme. To get all this information, kindly read till the end of this article.
Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme 2021
The Aikyashree scholarship is an incentive scheme launched by the West Bengal government for the meritorious students which cover their admission fee and maintenance allowances from 1st class to Ph.D. level of education.
Also, the minority development and financial corporation department are appointed for the working of the scholarship effectively. Also, the reward amount is directly transferred through DBT in the beneficiary account.
Mainly the scholarship is available to the backward and minority communities SC/ST/OBC across the state. Furthermore, The ultimate motive is to promote the socio-economic growth of the overall province by uplifting the poor and economically weaker sections of the West Bengal state.
WB AIKYASHREE IMPORTANT DATES 2021
|15th January 2021||The last date to apply as a new applicant for the Aikyashree scholarships.|
|31st January 2021||The last date to renew the SVMCM, Pre-matric, Post-Matric, and SC/ST/OBC applications.|
|15th December 2021||Fresh applications for Pre-Matric scholarship|
|15th march 2022||Fresh and renewal applications of SVMCM scholarship.Renewal forms for the pre-matric scholarship.Fresh and renewal of the post-matric scholarship.|
|Scholarship Name||Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched By||The Government of West Bengal|
|Official Website||THE MD&FC PORTAL|
|Beneficiary||Students who are residents of West Bengal state|
|Benefits||Monetary help to SC/ST/OBC and minority students for their school and college fee|
|Concerned Department||The Minority Development and Financial Corporation|
|The objective of the Scheme||To support the higher education of minority communities in the West Bengal|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Check It Out: WBMDFC Scholarship 2021
Main Objective of the Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide financial aid to the students belonging to minority groups of the state.
- Also, It covers their school as well as their college fee expenditure.
- So, the Aikyashree scheme is focused to educate those children who are unable to afford their education fees.
- Under this scheme, there is specifically one kind of scheme reserved for girl education.
- Furthermore, the scholarship aims to support the student in their education degrees.
- Moreover, the initiative has covered a large number of beneficiaries under several scholarships.
- Every year the scholarships cover students from education level 1st to Ph.D.
- The scheme aims to increase the literacy ratio by decreasing the dropout rates in higher secondary and university-level education.
List of Beneficiaries
- A Muslim category student in West Bengal.
- The student of the Christian community in the state.
- A Sikh community child of West Bengal.
- A student who belongs to the Jain community.
- A Buddhist community student who is a domicile of WB.
- A student belonging to the Parsi religion in the state.
Types of Scholarships Under Aikyashree Scholarship Scheme
|HINDI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP WB|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP (SVMCM)|
|BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP|
Statistics of the Applications On the Portal
|NAME OF THE SCHOLARSHIP||RELATED STATISTICS|
|MERIT CUM MEANS||5092|
|THE SVMCM SCHEME||18202|
SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDERS INFORMATION
You can check below the concerned authorities who are funding the scholarship schemes to make the Aikyashree benefit programme a success in west bengal.
|SCHOLARSHIP NAME||CONCERNED AUTHORITIES|
|WB PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC/ST STUDENTS||THE BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE DEPARTMENT, WEST BENGAL|
|WEST BENGAL POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ST/SC/OBC STUDENTS||BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE DEPARTMENT, GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL|
|HINDI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME||WEST BENGAL DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, AND BIOTECHNOLOGY|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP||WEST BENGAL GOVERNMENT|
|BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP, WB||JAGDISH BOSE NATIONAL SCIENCE TALENT SEARCH, KOLKATA|
Aikyashree Scholarship Details For Students
|TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP||INFORMATION|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP||This scholarship will provide incentives from class 11 to higher educational degrees. Under this scholarship, the student with a poor economic background can become a beneficiary. Also, the higher merit students will be eligible for the scheme.|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP||Under this scheme, only the class 9th and 10th students can apply for this scheme. The scholarship amount is 150 to 750 INR which depends on the severity of the aid and there is a 1000 rupees ad hoc compensation per year.|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP||The SC/ST/OBC students of classes 11th and 12th can avail the benefits of this scheme. Also, the scheme provides per month incentives of up to 12000 per month. Furthermore, the students enrolled in post-secondary level and post matriculation is eligible beneficiaries of the scholarship.|
|HINDI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME||The students studying in class 11th, 12th, graduation, post-graduation, or any other doctoral courses are the targeted students in this scheme. Also note that these students should belong to non-Hindi speaking states i.e., west Bengal. Under this scholarship, the student is entitled to receive an amount of up to 1000 rupees per month|
|BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP||The scholarship is only open to the girl students in west Bengal. Under this scholarship, the beneficiary is rewarded with a 2000 yearly book grant and 3000 per month for educational expenses. The students with professional courses after the 12th can apply for the scheme.|
Aikyashree Scholarship Application Schedule/Duration
|Name of scheme||Duration|
|HINDI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME||OCTOBER TO DECEMBER|
|BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP||MAY TO JULY|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC/ST STUDENTS||SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC/ST/OBC||SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP FOR MINORITIES||JULY TO SEPTEMBER|
REWARD AMOUNT PROVIDED UNDER THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The Aikyashree scholarship incentives for day scholars and hostelers are distributed differently. As hostelers have some extra charges to pay off in their education session so they are given some extra benefits to cover those expenses.
- Also, please read the below incentive chart for the tentative scholarship amount as per the scholarship providers:
|NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP||LEVEL OF EDUCATION||ADMISSION FEE & TUITION FEE WAIVER||MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE||TOTAL INCENTIVES (PER YEAR)|
|PRE-MATRIC FOR SC, ST STUDENTS||CLASS – 6th to 10th||Upto 4400 INR||Upto 6600 INR||The total incentives are upto 11000/- rupees for one year.|
|MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP||PROFESSIONAL COURSES: LAW, BengalrecognizedtheMENT, CA, MEDICAL, ENGINEERING, etc||2000 INR||11000 INR||The limit is upto 33000/- rupees every year.|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP||CLASS – 11th and 12th||7700 INR||4200 INR||The incentives are disbursed upto 11,900/- rupees in every session.|
|TSP||TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL COURSES||11000 INR||4200 INR||15200/- rupees is the limit for incentives under this scholarship.|
|M.phil course||m.phil||3300 INR||13200 INR||The total benefits are upto 16500/- INR for a year.|
|POSTGRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP||PG & UG courses||3300 INR||6300 INR||The total reward amount for UG and PG courses is 9600 rupees.|
- DAY SCHOLARS
|NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP||LEVEL OF EDUCATION||ADMISSION FEE & TUITION FEE WAIVER (PER YEAR)||MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE (PER YEAR)||TOTAL INCENTIVES (PER YEAR)|
|POSTGRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP||PG & UG courses||3300/- rupees||3300/- rupees||6600/- INR|
|PRE-MATRIC FOR SC, ST STUDENTS||CLASS – 1st to 5th 6th to 10th||For class 1st to 5th the waiver is nil. For class 6th to 10th the waiver is 4400 rupees.||For class 1st to 5th the allowance is 1100 INR. For class 6th to 10th the allowance is 1100 INR.||The total benefits for class 1st to 5th students is 1100/- rupees. And for class 6th to 10th students, the maximum limit is upto 5500 rupees.|
|MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP||PROFESSIONAL COURSES: LAW, MANAGEMENT, CA, MEDICAL, ENGINEERING, etc||22000/- rupees||5500/- rupees||27500/- INR|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP||CLASS – 11th and 12th||7700/- rupees||2500/- rupees||10200/- INR|
|TSP||TECHNICAL & VOCATIONAL COURSES||11000/- rupees||2500/- rupees||13500/- INR|
|M.phil course||m.phil||3300/- rupees||6000/- rupees||9300/- INR|
|TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP||ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP FOR MINORITIES||The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed 250000/- INR annually. Students should be the domicile of West Bengal. The class 11th and 12th students can apply for the scholarship. Also, those who are pursuing any professional courses(medical, engineering, CA, etc) are eligible to apply for the scheme. The higher secondary/ diploma student must have secured 75% in his class 10th board exams. The UG &PG enrolled students need to have a minimum score of 75 % marks in their class 12th final exams. The students will be chosen on the merit cum means base by the authorities.|
|HINDI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME||The applicant should belong to a Non-Hindi speaking state in India. The student should be living in West Bengal. The student must have secured an undergraduate or higher secondary education from a recognized institute in Bengal. The student needs to clear the qualifying exams on the first attempt. The applicant must have secured a minimum of 60% marks.|
|BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP||Only girl students are eligible to apply for this scheme. The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal. The student should have passed the 12th class from a recognized board. The student should be pursuing medical or any science-related graduation courses.|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC/ST STUDENTS||Under this scholarship, only students from the 9th and 10th classes can apply for the scheme. The student must belong to SC or ST community to become eligible for the scheme. The annual yearly family income should be less than or equal to 2 lakh INR. The applicant must be a domicile of West Bengal.|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC/ST/OBC||The student must belong to any minority community of SC/ST/OBC. Also for eligibility, the applicant must be a resident of West Bengal. The student needs to be pursuing 11th class, 12th class, graduation, or post-graduate education for the scheme. The annual family income is ceiled at a limit of:200000 rupees for SC students2,50,000 rupees for ST students1,00,000 rupees for OBC students|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR SCHOLARSHIP
The following documents are required at the time of submission of application for the Aikyashree scholarship:
- AADHAAR CARD
- INCOME CERTIFICATE
- BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS
- MOBILE NUMBER
- RESIDENTIAL CERTIFICATE
- PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH
- MINORITY CATEGORY CERTIFICATE
- DETAILED MARKSHEET OF THE PREVIOUS EXAMINATION
- PHOTOCOPY OF RECEIPT FOR CURRENT YEAR FEES
OFFICIAL WEBSITES FOR SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER AIKYASHREE
- For SVMCM scholarship for minority communities: Portal – https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/ or http://www.wbmdfcscholarship.gov.in/
- For BIGYANI KANYA MEDHA BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP: Portal – https://jbnsts.ac.in/
- For pre-matric scholarship: Portal – https://oasis.gov.in/
- For post-matric scholarship: Portal – https://oasis.gov.in/
- One of the conditions for selected students is that they must attend classes regularly to continue to get the scholarship.
- Under the scholarship, the reward amount will be credited through direct bank transfer only.
- For the continuation of scholarship in the following session, the student has to score a minimum of 50% marks in the current year examination.
- Also, the beneficiary has to follow the rules and regulations in the school premises, in case he/she found at fault the school authorities can cancel the scholarship.
- Moreover, the documents will be verified and if the documents are fake or not acceptable, then the scholarship will get canceled.
FOR NEW CANDIDATES
To apply for the Aikyashree scholarship kindly read the following steps given below:
- So, the first step is to visit the official website or you can click here.
- And then you will reach the homepage of the portal.
- In the next step, you need to click on the option ‘New Registration 2020-21’.
- After that, you will be redirected to the next page.
- On that page, select your district from the list.
- And then submit it
- After that, on the following page, the application form will appear on your screen.
- In the application fill in the information mentioned here:
- Father name
- Mother name
- District name
- Date of birth
- Block name
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
- Then select the proceed option on the same page.
- On the upcoming page, attach all the mentioned documents.
- Lastly, select the option ‘submit’.
- By doing that you will be registered for the scholarship.
RENEWAL OF SVMCM, PRE-MATRIC, POST-MATRIC, MERIT CUM MEANS, HINDI, BIGYANI BRITTI SCHOLARSHIP
You can easily renew the scholarship by following the procedure we have prepared in the section below:
- First of all, go to the official portal from your computer/mobile.
- The next step is to select the option named ‘renewal application’ on the homepage.
- You will be forwarded to a new page.
- Then select your choice of the district from the list.
- Now click on the ‘ok’ button there.
- It will take you to the login page.
- Now enter your login credentials i.e., date of birth, application id, district, and captcha code.
- Then click on the login button.
- After that, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Dial that OTP in the box and submit it there.
- Out of the options choose ‘renew application’ on the following page.
- After that enter the personal detail on the application panel and submit the same.
- In the next step, you have to provide your mark sheet scanned photo of the previous year’s exams.
- Again click on submit button.
- After that verify your details as per instructions.
- Finally, you will be able to renew your application.
- The students will be selected on the merit of the respected course.
- The economically backward category students are considered for the benefits.
- For renewal of the scholarship, the candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The student must have good attendance as well.
You can read and replicate the step by step guide given below for the institute login:
- For the initial step, go to the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation Portal.
- Then on the homepage, click on the option ‘institute login’.
- After that, you will reach the login page.
- After that select your district from the panel.
- On the following page, you need to type your user id and password.
- Then enter the captcha code.
- Finally, click on the login button, and this way you can do institute login on the portal.
For official login follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official portal of WBMD&FC.
- In the next step, click on the option ‘official login’.
- Then select the option from the given categories there on the options tab.
- After that, you will be forwarded to the next page.
- Now, enter the user id, password, and captcha code in the login panel.
- Finally, click on the login option.
You can perform the student login procedure by going along with the guide written below:
- In the first step, visit the homepage of the West Bengal scholarship portal.
- After that click on the ‘student login’ option there.
- On the following page select the district where your institute is located.
- Click on the ok button.
- And then on the upcoming page kindly enter your login details.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Press the login button on the panel and you are successfully logged in this way.
REGISTERED INSTITUTE LOGIN 2021
There are several institutes of WB listed for the benefits of Aikyashree. If you are from one of the listed institutes then Please read the procedure below to log in as the registered institute on the portal:
- First of all, go to the portal
- The second step is to click on the ‘listed institute login’ option.
- You will be redirected to the next page.
- On that page, you will see a list of district names.
- Click on the district of your choice where the listed institute is located nearest.
- After that, you need to click on the ‘ok’ button.
- On the upcoming page, you can see the login tab.
- Enter your username, password, and captcha code in the following box.
- Then you can click on the ‘submit button.
- This is how easily you can login to the portal as a selected institute for the Aikyashree benefits.
CHECK THE LIST OF REGISTERED INSTITUTE ONLINE
Every year the authorities choose institutes for the Aikyashree scholarship rewards. To check if your institute is on the list or not, you only need to use the guidance we have prepared for you below:
- In the first step visit the official webpage of the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation.
- And then You will reach the homepage.
- After landing there, click on the option ‘listed institute list’ on the page.
- Then select your choice of the district and submit the page.
- On the following page, a list will appear on your screen.
- You will be able to check the name on the list from there.
PROCEDURE TO CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
You can easily track your application status online by just reading and replicating the steps given below:
- In the very first step go to the Aikyashree scholarship portal.
- You will land on the homepage of the website.
- The next step is to click on the option ‘track application’.
- Then coming on the next page a panel will appear.
- On that page, you have to enter the district name and year of registration.
- Then select the tracking type for the status check.
- Furthermore, you need to enter the following details:
- Application user ID
- Academic session
- Date of birth
- Captcha code
- After that click on the ‘submit’ button there.
- By doing that you can see the latest status information regarding the application on the following page.
DOWNLOAD AIKYASHREE APP
You can use the official website for all the scholarship-related tasks online. Furthermore, the department has launched the Aikyashree app for the efficient working of the scheme. Kindly follow the steps given below to download the app.
- In the first step, you have to click on the link here.
- Or you can directly visit the official website on your device.
- You will be redirected to the homepage.
- Now, you have to click on the option ‘download the Aikyashree App’.
- You will reach on the download page after selecting the above option.
- Then click on the ‘install’ option.
- After the successful installation on your device, you can easily use every respective service on the app.
In the above article, we have covered all the necessary information about Aikyashree scholarships 2021. In case you still have any queries to ask during any procedure on the scholarship portal you can ask it on the details given below:
HELPLINE NUMBER – 18001202130