the official mAadhaar application is available in various languages including Marathi for updating the information given on the Aadhar cards from home, The Unique Identification Authority of India has published the new mAadhaar with the intention of reaching vast numbers of smartphone users. Aadhaar holders can carry their Aadhaar information in the form of a soft copy rather than carrying a physical copy around all the time thanks to the App’s assortment of Aadhaar services and customizable sections.
mAadhaar app details
|Total Language Supported||English as well as 12 Indian languages|
|Available for||Android and Apple|
mAadhaar is available in up to 13 languages, including English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu, are available for mAadhaar
Main Features of mAadhaar Application
Multilingual: The menu, button labels, and form fields are available in English as well as in 12 Indian languages to ensure that the Aadhaar Services are accessible to citizens of India who speak different languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu). The user will be given the option to choose any of their chosen languages after installation. The forms’ input fields, however, will only accept data supplied in English. This is done to assist users in avoiding the difficulties associated with typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
Universality: Residents can download this app to their smartphones whether or not they have an Aadhaar. But, the resident must register their Aadhaar Profile on the App in order to access personalized Aadhaar services. Mobile users of Aadhaar can access the included services for themselves as well as for any other residents in need of Aadhaar or assistance with associated matters.
Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can make use of the following services for themselves and also for residents seeking Aadhaar. The functionalities of the mobile app services are as follows:
- Main Service Dashboard: The dashboard provides direct access to download Aadhaar, reprint orders, and updates to be made on address (if any), download offline eKYC, scan QR code, verification of Aadhaar and e-mail address, retrievement of UID/EID, request address validation letter.
- Request Status Service: The residents can check the status of online requests they have made on the portal.
- My Aadhaar: It is the personalized section of an Aadhaar holder that provides provisions for residents to lock/unlock their Biometric Authentication. It is to be noted that the residents will have to mention their Aadhaar number to avail themselves of the services.
Aadhaar Locking: The Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number as per their convenience through the mobile application.
Biometric locking/ unlocking: The application user can secure biometric authentication by locking biometric data. Once the biometric locking system is activated, the biometric of the resident remains locked until the Aadhaar holder chooses to either unlock or disable the locking system.
TOTP generation: TOTP stands for Time-based One-time Password, which is generated temporarily and automatically. Which can be used as an alternative instead of SMS-based OTP.
Update of profile: The user can view the updated profile after the completion of an updated request.
Multi-profile Aadhaar Services on SMS: The Aadhaar Card holder can include multiple profiles (up to 5) with the registered mobile number in their profile section.
Locate the Enrolment Centre: An individual can use this facility to locate the nearest Enrollment center from their area of residence.
How to Link Your Aadhaar Number Using mAadhaar Application
- Open the mAadhaar app.
- Click the “Register the Aadhaar Tab” button on the main dashboard.
- Set up a 4-digit PIN or password.
- Enter true Aadhaar information and the captcha code.
- Complete the supplied OTP, then submit it.
- The profile must be successfully registered.
- Under the registered profile tab, you can now see the name of the registered profile.
- From the options, choose the MY Aadhaar App.
- Choose a 4-digit PIN or password.
- Currently, you can access the My Aadhaar Dashboard.
How Can Residents See the App’s Profiles?
- Go to the App and open it.
- Find the Aadhaar profile tab at the bottom of the main dashboard and select it.
- Enter the 4-digit Password or PIN that was generated when the profile was registered.
- You will be able to see the Aadhaar’s front side. If you move to the left, you can see the rear side.
- Continue moving to the left to see the additional profiles.